8 Key Points from the book “Hard Optimism” by Price Pritchett
- Control Your Thought — Positive thoughts Energize
- Change Your Inner Voice — You can be optimistic or pessimistic. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Dispute Pessimism-70% of your negative thoughts slip-by without being noticed by you as negative. Catch yourself in the act.
- Re frame your values –LIFE HAPPENS. Stop complaining, criticizing and catastrophizing.
- Choose your focus. Focus on hope, gratitude, forgiveness. Clear out anger and resentment. It will lighten your life. Lift yourself emotionally, forgive yourself.
- Play to your strengths — Do what you enjoy. (Not at the expense of others though)
- Go for flow — live life in the zone. Rivet your attention on the present (the moment)
- Act Positive — Take charge of your body language. Carry yourself the way you want to feel. Walk, breathe and talk with confidence.
Optimism can be learned.
Work harder on yourself than you do at your job.
Any time there is change there is opportunity
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
Where you are today is the result of how you have invested in your life up to this point in time.