Revision3 was dealt a DoS (Denial of Service Attack) this weekend and they were able to find out who it was and are now taking the appropriate steps to counter lost profit, time, resources. The FBI is involved now and because it was done on US Soil and by a USA based company it is a serious offense. Denial-of-service attacks are considered violations of the IAB‘s Internet proper use policy. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.
- ACCESS DEVICE FRAUD. 18 U.S.C. § 1029. Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices.
- COMPUTER FRAUD AND ABUSE ACT. 18 U.S.C. § 1030. Fraud and related activity in connection with computers.
- CAN-SPAM ACT. 15 U.S.C. § 7704. Controlling The Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
- EXTORTION AND THREATS. 18 U.S.C. § 875. EXTORTION and THREATS. Interstate communications.
- IDENTITY THEFT AND ASSUMPTION DETERRENCE ACT of 1998. 18 U.S.C. § 1028. Fraud and related activity in connection with identification documents, authentication features, and information.
- WIRE FRAUD. 18 U.S.C. § 1343. Fraud by wire, radio, or television.
- No Electronic Theft (“NET”) Act. 17 U.S.C. § 506. Criminal Offenses. (criminal copyright infringement)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) . 17 U.S.C. § 1201. Circumvention of copyright protection systems.
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2701, et seq. (STORED WIRE AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONAL RECORDS ACCESS)
- Trade Secrets Act. 18 U.S.C. § 1832. Theft of trade secrets.
- Economic Espionage Act. 18 U.S.C. § 1831. Economic Espionage.